The 3rd quarter we omitted a newsletter due to time constraints. Everything was under control, though. Herein follows the 4th quarter review.
- October: Winter Nights saw a semi-private ritual to Ing and the Ancestors. This was a blood sacrifice involving a farm animal. Our weofodthegn is a farm girl and has been trained to humanely slaughter and properly dispose of the offal.
- November: The Wild Hunt was observed in honor of Woden. I (Jeremy) gave a workshop on Woden that went over well. The kindred helped the hosts stack a considerable amount of firewood.
- December: For Mothers’ Night we honored the ancestresses of the tribe and implored their motherly advice via runes. I (Jeremy) taught a brief workshop on home brewing, and we started a one gallon jug of apple cinnamon cider to ferment, which we will test in January.
- January 14: Creation of the World
- February 11th: Charming of the Plow
- March 18th: Earth Mother Day
- April 8th: Eostre and Hretha
- May 12: Flower Festival to Frigga
We began the year with inducting a new member, and we ended the year in the same fashion. Eric G has pledged ad Gilda, and intermediate level of membership.
We now total 10 members: 6 “Elders” or full members, and 4 “Gildan” or intermediate members.
That is all I have for now. Glad Yule and Happy New Year.